I’m a little late on getting this out, but thank you to Star Guy for the Liebster Award “discover new blogs” nomination. It’s basically a social media (blog) equivalent of Amish Friendship Bread passing in an effort to get to know your internet neighbor, which is kind of awesome.
These are the (non-Amish) Liebster Award rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers. The bloggers you award are to do the same.
- Ask 11 questions to those you have nominated.
- Let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
11 random facts about me:
- I’m a little bit afraid of social media, so naturally here I am.
- I love playing table top (board games).
- My family is probably more dysfunctionally awesome than yours or at least than most.
- I used to compete in pageants as a child. My talent was baton twirling.
- I just started Dahn yoga and am either “tapping” myself into a healthy body or physical therapy.
- I don’t like (see loathe) playing sports. I didn’t really learn to catch a ball until I was almost 30 years old and that’s still debatable. [ Aack… incoming! *ducks* ]
- I can get a sunburn just thinking about sunshine.
- I could eat from a bakery three meals a day.
- I am definitely not what’s on the surface. I’m a lot nicer (and probably way cooler) than that.
- I once had license plate with my birthday in roman numerals backwards.
- I don’t share easily and had a difficult time coming up with just the 10 random facts, so I think we’re done here.
Here are the 11 Questions & Answers from Star Guy who passed the friendship bread and nominated me:
1. When was the first time you watched Star Wars, and what did you think?
My first movie was Star Wars! I was around 6 or 7 years old and my parents were concerned the “monsters” would scare me, but decided to give it a go. [ Ahhh, the days before the internet when parents didn’t put you in seat belts, the playgrounds were gravel, but they thought aliens in a movie would be hard on a kid. ]
2. What is your favorite animal? (Can be alien – Wookie is a legitimate answer 😀 )
I’m not a big animal person and I think the feeling is mutual. I kind of like bird watching though. And pterodactyls. Partly because they fly, but mostly because they’re extinct.
3. What is your favourite book?
I love metaphysical books and anything that makes me think. The first fiction book I remember enjoying as a child though was The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I think all of us already possess superpowers. Outside of that, I would rather just be a wizard to cover all the bases. If I must choose just one of the classics though… I’ll go with the ability to move objects at will. Mostly because I wouldn’t need to get up to get a drink or the remote anymore.
5. What is your favourite hobby?
I love writing! And board games. And painting. And meditating. And listening to music while dancing around my living room.
6. What is the funniest picture/gif you have ever seen?
There are so many things that strike me funny! Alas, I’m not the type to save a particular thing. Oh, and .gifs kind of weird me out so they’re definitely not being saved anywhere.
7. Old or new WordPress Stats page?
I’ve been toggling. That’s a lie. I’m not technically savvy enough to know which one I’m currently using. But the colors are lovely.
8. Lord of the Rings, or the Hobbit?
I loved reading The Hobbit. Bilbo Baggins 4Ever!
9. Rather a nerd or the cool guy/gal?
I would rather be around nerds, but I don’t think I’m intelligent enough to keep up. “Oh, so you’re a coder… ummm. Well, that sounds interesting. You work with computers then, right?”
10. Are you in the Christmas spirit? (in other words, how many times have you said Merry Christmas?)
I’m one of those weirdos who has a tendency to say “Happy Holidays” and tick off the right-wingers. That’s not intentional, just an added bonus. I just prefer to cover the whole season so I don’t need to go back around to the same people over again just to wish them Happy New Year.
11. What should this last question be?
Well, seeing as this from Star Guy who loves Star Wars, it should probably be “What’s your favorite Star Trek character, movie, or television show?” Star Trek: The Next Generation would be my answer. And I have the socks to prove it.
11 Nominations (in totally random order mostly because my linking skills are mediocre at best):
- The Honking Goose
- Daily (w)rite
- A Writer’s Path
- The Realm of the Chaos Fairy
- Cristian Mihai
- Roqoo Depot
- Sarah Elizabeth
- Saxon Bennett
- Layce Gardner
- Tell Me I’m Not The Lonely One
11 Questions for the above lucky social media Amish Bread winner nominees to answer, should they so choose:
- In 20 words or less, why did you start your blog?
- What is/was your favorite table top (board game)?
- Better vacation: beach strolling/surfing or mountain climbing/camping?
- Who is your favorite person in the universe (fictional is fine, of course, but your fill-in-the-relative-here may be upset)
- Miracle Whip or Mayo or Mustard?
- What is your favorite city? (I really just want to know your answer to Question #3 on every password you have)
- What’s the name/s of your pet/s? (You really shouldn’t have this as your password anymore)
- In honor of Star Guy who nominated me: Star Wars or Star Trek or Doctor Who or Something Else Entirely ?
- Rank these: Sweet, Salty, Spicy, Fried
- What’s your favorite play or musical?
- Any New Year’s resolutions or is that a bogus practice?
Thanks for playing the blog equivalent of Amish Friendship Bread passing. Hope you discover new blogs and friends! I’m sorry there’s no actual bread, but I’m not good at baking either.